Please don’t forget that registration is open for the 2015 Florida Association of Colleges & Employers Annual Conference! This year’s conference will mark our 50-year anniversary as an association, so it is fitting that a historical event be held in a historical city. Please join us in St. Augustine, FL June 17-19 at the Renaissance World Golf Village Resort & Convention Center, where our theme will be “Honoring the Past * Treasuring the Present * Charting the Future”. Registration is $275 for members. The non-member rate is $325 and includes a membership through January 1, 2016. Your fee includes:
- Presentations and two very special keynote speakers, along with breakout sessions for Career Services and University Relations/College Recruiting professionals
- President’s Reception (Wednesday)
- Business Meeting Breakfast (Thursday)
- Awards Luncheon (Thursday)
- Golden Gala Banquet (Thursday)
- Brunch (Friday)
- Networking opportunities with professionals in Career Services and University/College Relations
- Much more, including a St. Augustine trolley tour!
As of today, 113 people have registered for the 2015 FloridaACE Conference. With the conference a little less than 2 months away, we are very excited about the turnout so far and look forward to many more registrations in the coming weeks. So far, we have received registrations from the following institutions, employers, and vendors:
- Broward College
- Career Fair Plus
- City Furniture
- CSO Research
- Disney Worldwide Services, Inc.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Flagler College
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida Institute of Technology
- Florida International University
- Florida Polytechnic University
- Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Florida State University
- Herzing University
- Kettering University
- Lake-Sumter State College
- Lynn University
- Masco Contractor Services
- New College of Florida
- Northwest Florida State College
- Northwood University
- Palm Beach State College
- Saint Leo University
- Seminole State College of Florida
- St. Edward’s University (Texas)
- St. Johns River State College
- St. Petersburg College
- State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota
- Stetson University
- The University of Tampa
- University of Central Florida
- University of South Florida – Tampa
- University of South Florida – St. Petersburg
- University of West Florida
- U.S. Department of State
- Valencia College
Conference Hotel Update
As of this week, over 225 room nights have been booked at the Renaissance World Golf Resort. We have exceeded our room block, but the conference rate will be honored as long as there are rooms still available. If you have not reserved your room, you are encouraged to do so ASAP.
Reservations can be made at the Renaissance World Golf Village by calling 800-391-6389 and requesting the FloridaACE conference rate or by visiting the Renaissance World Golf Village‘s special website for this event. The conference room rate is $129 per night.
Update from Programs Committee
We had a great response of program proposals for our annual conference. The program committee has been working diligently to finalize the schedule and hope to send it out in the upcoming weeks. We are excited about the topics and hope that you will enjoy the breakout sessions from our extremely talented FloridaACE members.
Each year we ask members to support our annual conference by contributing to the President’s Council. These monetary donations help us to provide the best possible workshops, keynote speakers and networking activities. Your organization and its’ gift will be recognized in our conference program, meeting announcements and on our website. For more information about the President’s Council, please visit the FloridaACE website or contact Robert Liddell via email or at 352-588-8346. Remember, your support makes a difference!
Conference Bags and Door Prizes
We would appreciate any addition your organization can make to the conference welcome/check-in bags (literature, coupons, branded token items, etc.). Providing this allows you to promote your organization or product to a large audience of career professionals throughout the state. For more information regarding welcome bags, please contact Valerie Kielmovitch, Conference Registration Chair.
We are also collecting door prizes to be raffled during the closing session of the conference. If you would like to donate one or more, please contact Adam DeRosa, Conference Chair.
We will see you in June!
Adam DeRosa, Conference Chair
Florida Association of Colleges & Employers