Adam DeRosa, Florida Association of Colleges and Employers
I know many of you are still recovering from the start of the semester. It is my pleasure to send you an update on behalf of the FloridaACE Board of Directors. Since the conference in June, your board has been working diligently to prepare for the upcoming year, including the 2016 annual conference in Miami!
On July 31, 2015, the FloridaACE board met in Miami at the 2016 conference hotel. The hotel is gorgeous, sitting directly on Biscayne Bay, looking out towards South Beach. The meeting rooms are vibrantly colorful and the hotel rooms are comfortably trendy. Stay tuned for more conference related announcements from our Vice President, Alicia Smyth.
During our July meeting, the board finalized our goals for 2015-2106. We will report about the status of these goals during our Annual Meeting in June 2016.
Here are the highlights:
- We have decided to make two of our goals “permanent”. This includes “increasing membership” and “increasing volunteer opportunities”. So far, in 2015, our membership has increased from 317 to 403. We are hoping to retain our 400 plus members in 2016 and increase the total to 425. Word of mouth is the best recruiting tool, so please encourage colleagues and employers to join. There are several ways to volunteer. These include Conference Planning, Membership Development, Professional Development, Employer Outreach, and Communication/Social Media. If you would like to get more involved with FloridaACE, email email@example.com and type “I Want to Volunteer” in the subject line. The success of our organization is rooted in the great work of our volunteers.
- The board will be actively seeking D & O liability coverage for the organization. This type of insurance policy is very common for organizations like FloridaACE. If you have any experience in acquiring this type of coverage or have any vendors to recommend, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The board will be reviewing the FloridaACE constitution and will present recommended changes during the 2016 Annual Meeting.
- Based on feedback from our 2015 conference evaluations, the board would like to offer some additional professional development opportunities, including a regional drive-in conference for Fall 2016, monthly webinars, and pre-conference sessions/activities in 2016 and beyond.
- Each year, we aim to move more of our administrative tasks to Member Clicks. This year, we will be creating online forms for the President’s Council and for Conference Roundtable Proposals.
As you can see, we have some ambitious goals set for the upcoming year. I look forward to working with our outstanding board members and our wonderful volunteers to accomplish each and every one of these goals. If you are planning to attend SoACE this December in Austin, be sure to attend the Florida state meeting.
In closing, I do wish you and your offices all the best this semester. Stay tuned for more information about the 2016 Conference and I look forward to seeing everyone in Miami!