Alicia Smyth, Conference Chair and Vice President, FloridaACE
We are excited to announce that registration is now open for the 2016 Florida Association of Colleges & Employers Annual Conference (#FloridaACE16)!
This year’s conference will take place June 22-24 in Miami, FL at the beautiful Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay. Our theme is Innovate. Integrate. Motivate. and we plan to do just that with the programming and networking offerings that the conference will provide.
Registration is $299 for members until May 11 and $329 after May 11. The non-member rate is $349 until May 11 and $379 after May 11 and includes a membership through January 1, 2017. One-day registration is available for Thursday (see website for pricing). When registering, please make sure you are logged into your account to receive member rate pricing.
Your conference registration includes:
- Optional pre-conference site visit to the University of Miami Toppel Career Center (includes chartered bus transportation and boxed lunch – space is limited and reserved for conference registrants)
- Three very special keynote speakers, along with breakout sessions for Career Services and University Relations/College Recruiting professionals
- President’s Reception (Wednesday)
- Business Meeting Breakfast (Thursday)
- Awards Luncheon (Thursday)
- Closing Banquet and After Party (Thursday)
- Brunch (Friday)
- Networking opportunities with professionals in Career Services and University/College Relations
- Much more!
Book your hotel room today! Rooms are available on a first-come, first serve basis at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, Miami, FL. A block of rooms has been reserved for June 18-27 at the rate of $140/night for a standard deluxe room with $1.00 guest room wi-fi, a discounted overnight self-parking rate of $20 per room per night and $10 shuttle service to Lincoln Road Mall, Marriott Stanton South Beach and Bayside Marketplace. Visit http://www.florida-ace.org/hotel for more information.
Visit the FloridaACE website to register as a conference attendee or vendor, volunteer to serve on a conference committee, view the at-a-glance schedule, or fill out the Conference Proposal Form or Roundtable Proposal Form. Information will be available soon regarding President’s Council.
Additionally, there is still time to nominate a fellow FloridaACE colleague for the Brownlee Leadership Award or the New Member Award or nominate an exemplary student for the Student of the Year Award. The deadline for nominations is March 4, 2016 and more information can be found on the website.
The Programs Committee is beyond excited to announce our conference keynote speakers! Our opening keynote speakers will be Trudy Steinfield and Manny Contomanolis. Dr. Steinfield is the Assistant Vice President and Executive Director of the New York University Wasserman Center for Career Development. Dr. Contomanolis is the Senior Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and Career Services at the Rochester Institute of Technology. Be sure to connect with Dr. Contomanolis on Twitter and LinkedIn. You can also connect with Dr. Steinfeld on Twitter or LinkedIn. Our closing keynote speaker is Molly Nece. Molly has a background in the Human Resources and currently serves as a Talent Development Manager at UNC Wilmington. She is also a motivational speaker and coach. Visit Molly’s website or connect with her via Twitter or LinkedIn.
Submit a program or roundtable proposal by March 7, 2016 to share your ideas and best practices with your colleagues from around the state.
- Did you create any new successful programs, partnerships, models, or outreach efforts?
- Have you done any research on trends in recruiting or career services?
- Do you have any advice on how to successfully manage students or staff?
- Do you have suggestions for new technology to use or ways to improve your visibility on social media networks?
As a reminder, the top rated program from the 2016 annual conference will have the opportunity to present their program as a webinar in the fall of 2016 and the lead presenter will receive FREE conference registration for the 2017 FloridaACE Conference. Contact Emmanuela Stanislaus at email@example.com if you have any programming-related questions.
Stay tuned for more conference updates to come. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any conference related questions or are interested in volunteering at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will see you in Miami!