Alicia Smyth, Florida Association of Colleges and Employers
The FloridaACE Annual Conference is almost here and we hope you are as excited as we are! Below you will find some helpful tips and reminders to make sure your conference experience is absolutely amazing. You will also find an attendee/vendor list attached to help you prepare for a week full of networking and fun in beautiful Miami.
What to pack:
- Business casual attire. The dress code for the conference is business casual. You may also want to pack a sweater or two because the rooms may get cold.
- Something nice. The Enterprise Closing Banquet and After Party dress code is cocktail/dressy casual. Interpretation is up to you, but anything from a dress shirt (with or without tie) with slacks or cocktail dress to a short sleeve collared shirt with slacks or a sundress or pantsuit is appropriate. No t-shirts, jeans or shorts, though you may want to bring your dancing shoes.
- Business cards for sharing and networking.
- Props from your school or company. Show off your pride by bringing some props for pics in our photo booth on Thursday night.
- Cash We will be providing two drink tickets per night for beer, wine, and soft drinks but on Thursday night, you will have the option of buying premium cocktail drinks and additional beverages if you choose. The cashier at Closing Banquet and After Party does not accept credit cards.
- Umbrella It’s Florida, so you just never know. Most of our planned activities are inside the hotel, but we’re in the heart of city and close to South Beach so you may want to venture out.
- Lucky rabbit’s foot, four leaf clover, or other token of good luck. There are lots of amazing door prizes to be won, including not one, but TWO grand prizes!
There will also be some downtime to do your own thing if you wish and the hotel does have a pool, of course. For more information and announcements about the conference, check out the following sources:
Eventus is the official app provider for the FloridaACE Conference. Download today on iOS or Android. You can also search “FloridaACE 2016” to find it in either the App store or Play store. View the conference schedule, read details about the event, learn about keynotes, breakout sessions and speakers, connect through Twitter, check out the vendors and sponsors, and more!
TextEventPics is a service that allows you to text photos during the conference that will be displayed on a slide show between general conference sessions and during meals. To sign up in advance, respond to this email with your cell phone number, or call 305-770-6581. Pressing 1 when prompted will provide you with a link to directions to the hotel. Pressing 2 will give you access to the photo gallery during and after the event. If you are signed up for this service, we can also send you push notifications to let you know about any last-minute changes to the conference schedule.
http://www.florida-ace.org/annual-conference – the hub of general information for the conference.
https://floridaaceblog.org/ – announcements, conference planning tips, articles, and more.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FloridaAssociationofCollegesandEmployers
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=1366447
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/florida_ace
Our Social Media Contest during the conference is always a lot of fun and can score you an Amazon gift card! Tweet about the conference and share pics using #FloridaACE16 to participate. Your account must be public to participate. You may also share pics via Instagram – just make sure to use the hashtag and again, your account must be public.
First timers, also be sure to read Making the Most of Your First FloridaACE Conference Experience: https://floridaace.wordpress.com/2015/04/13/making-the-most-of-your-first-floridaace-conference-experience
And everyone should read our post on things to eat, see, and do while you are in Miami: https://floridaaceblog.org/2016/06/10/get-the-party-started.
Please travel safe and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Get ready for a very fun and productive time!